So lately "the view from here has been rather gray..." - Pride and Prejudice.
I.Love.That.Movie.
And I really can't express that enough.
But anyway, life has been pretty dull recently. No more Ecuador, just getting back to our normal, not that exciting lives, haha.
So lately I have been fascinated with the wonderful world of KSL. I LOVE KSL. I have been converted.
Lately, I often catch myself looking at random things without even realizing what I'm doing. But thankfully it paid off.
Brendon and I don't really own furniture. Like at all. We bought a used bed from his old neighbor that has been pretty awesome, but no bed frame or headboard. Just the mattress and the box spring. We're so awesome.
So, while on KSL, I decided to look at the couches on sale. And magically I found a couch and love seat set that was being sold for only $115!!! It was truly miraculous.
So we contacted the seller, borrowed Brendon's parent's trailer, and headed down to the seller's house. We jumped on that sale 'cause we knew how good it was. And I'm so glad we did! They're in PERFECT condition, and she threw in the pillows too! And I gotta say, the couches look pretty good in the room.
I.Love.That.Movie.
And I really can't express that enough.
But anyway, life has been pretty dull recently. No more Ecuador, just getting back to our normal, not that exciting lives, haha.
So lately I have been fascinated with the wonderful world of KSL. I LOVE KSL. I have been converted.
Lately, I often catch myself looking at random things without even realizing what I'm doing. But thankfully it paid off.
Brendon and I don't really own furniture. Like at all. We bought a used bed from his old neighbor that has been pretty awesome, but no bed frame or headboard. Just the mattress and the box spring. We're so awesome.
So, while on KSL, I decided to look at the couches on sale. And magically I found a couch and love seat set that was being sold for only $115!!! It was truly miraculous.
So we contacted the seller, borrowed Brendon's parent's trailer, and headed down to the seller's house. We jumped on that sale 'cause we knew how good it was. And I'm so glad we did! They're in PERFECT condition, and she threw in the pillows too! And I gotta say, the couches look pretty good in the room.
The first picture of the couch is a little off in color because the flash wasn't on.
So Brendon and I were very excited about them. :) Made my week. You can't find that great of a deal.
The art on the wall is all from Ecuador as well! When we got back, we went to a framing shop and they made the frames and all and took around 2 weeks to do so. So we finally got them back and hung them up! :)
Now, one of the reasons why I even wanted to make this blog, besides because of Ecuador, was due to rating movies. I wanted to give my point of view about movies that I have seen, am anticipating, and the ones that I think are classics and should always be talked about.
So to start us off.....
The art on the wall is all from Ecuador as well! When we got back, we went to a framing shop and they made the frames and all and took around 2 weeks to do so. So we finally got them back and hung them up! :)
Now, one of the reasons why I even wanted to make this blog, besides because of Ecuador, was due to rating movies. I wanted to give my point of view about movies that I have seen, am anticipating, and the ones that I think are classics and should always be talked about.
So to start us off.....
This past weekend, Brendon and I went to go see Star Trek: Into Darkness. I was really excited because I absolutely LOVEDDDD the first one. I think it was brilliant. The writers did a fantastic job! It is filled with wit and funny lines, and Chris Pine did a great job as well. I loved every bit of it.
The acting in general was impeccable. The chemistry between the characters just flowed, with friendships and with conflicts.
So, I didn't really expect much less for Star Trek: Into Darkness, which was rather silly of me.
This movie was really good, don't get me wrong, but it lacked a lot of what the first one had. The wit wasn't really there, only for a couple of instances, and I was just not attached to the characters as much.
The best thing, by far, about this film was Benedict Cumberbatch, or Khan. He was nothing less than PHENOMENAL. My gosh, I hated him sooooo much! Really got you on the edge of your seat.
I first knew of him from Sherlock, of course. And the wit and acting in that show, btw, is ridiculously good. A friend told me to watch it but I didn't until a couple months later. And I was hooked immediately. It's too bad there aren't a ton of episodes.....but anyway, back to Star Trek.
The story line was pretty good, but not as good as the first. The writing follows the same pattern. The acting was great, as usual.
So I give it a 6/10.
This weekend, Brendon and I are going to see Man of Steel, and we have both heard that it was fan-freakin-tastic. I have a friend that even went as far as saying it was better than the Avengers, Ironman, and every other superhero movie made. I think he's going overboard, personally, but I guess we will see!
So excited.
I still have yet to see Lincoln, Les Miserables, The Great Gatsby, and Before Midnight.
I have been questioning if there was going to be a third film to Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, so you can imagine how excited I am now that it's out. After 9 years, once again. Gosh, I can't wait.
Oh, and did I mention that it is almost our 1st anniversary?!?! No, I didn't.
It is, and I'm so stoked! We'll be in California celebrating our friends' wedding, on our anniversary. :)
It's going to be legendary.
Well that's all for now.
Oh, and as I always end my notes, letters, and journal entries that I write (in my actual journal), I will end with a few words:
"From the immortal words of The Doors: the time to hesitate is through".
- Lucas from Empire Records
Aren't we cute? :P One Year Baby!





No comments:
Post a Comment