Christina speaking here.
So, this wonderful blog was made to document our trip to the wonderful and beautiful Ecuador :)
To sum it all up, I have never traveled really, like EVER in my life. I've gone to a few places in the US, and I crossed the border to Mexico by walking, going to Progresso and Reynosa (which don't really count, considering I was only there for a couple hours) and that's it. So going to Ecuador was a pretty crazy thing.
At first, Ecuador was a big shock. I have never been anywhere like it in my life. The first place we went to, Otovalo, was different than anywhere I have ever been. I was a bit scared, not knowing Spanish and walking around at night, and I felt very vulnerable, but Brendon made sure that I was safe and secure.
As time went on, I began to feel better about being there. It was only for three weeks, but I was pretty scared the first three days or so. At the end of our trip, I was ready to come home, but I wasn't scared anymore. I think the trip was a very humbling experience for the both of us, and I'm SO GLAD we went. Brendon got to see all of his old friends and he was super happy. Happier than I have ever seen him, really. I have never seen him more excited before. It was wonderful sharing this experience with him.
ANYWAY....
So the reason why we decided to call our blog "You're Always Right" is because that happens to be what we always say to each other. We'll argue about something and take sides, and then when we figure out the answer to our problem and I am right or he is right, we always say "You're always right" to the person that was correct. :P
It's silly, but that's how we dooooo.
Now that the Ecuador trip is over, we got down to business. Brendon needs to work a lot to make us that money, and I'm working at night and tidying the apartment. We moved right before we took off to Ecuador, and threw all our crap into the apartment and slept and then took off the next day.
So the first week living here has been us organizing and whatnot. It's been crazy, and pretty freakin fun!
We are in the process of getting all of our artwork from Ecuador framed, and we can't wait to get the pieces back and hung up on our wall :)
That's pretty much it for now. ^_^ whoop!
No comments:
Post a Comment