Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cuenca The day of rest

Brendon's Perspective
-----------------------------------------------
We got to Cuenca at 7 in the morning, just in time for church! :)  We weren't actually planning on going but we felt a little bit of pressure since we were staying with some converts.  So we rushed to their home, bathed, and got dressed.  There were so many familiar faces there and as soon we entered the bishop asked us to give a talk.  hahaha.... he then changed his mind and let us share our testimony.  I translated for Christina and mine was okay.  There were alot of very excited faces in the congregation and it was hard for me to keep my emotions hidden.
   After church we went up to the Merchan family house and took a much needed nap.  We visited with them and had a good time.  At night we went to the Quinteroz House, luckily they all know English so Christina felt much better.  She was able to talk and actually share stories which I think she enjoyed alot. We had a great time with them and spent several hours over there till we went home and slept.




Christina's Perspective
-----------------------------------------------
So after the horrificly embarrassing incident, we got to Cuenca at around 7 AM. We were staying with a family that Brendon knows, the Merchan family, so the dad, Giovanni (I think that's how you spell it) picked us up and we headed over to their house. We weren't going to go to church, but he was actually giving a talk that day, so we did. And I am glad we did, we needed to.
So we showered quickly and went to church with them.

While there, the bishop asked us to bare our testimonies. Yay. -_-
But I am glad he did, cause it has been forever since the last time I did. It was nice.
Brendon got emotional....my cute little husband cried and he is just SO CUTE. I love him. -I hope that embarrasses him a little, he needs to feel some embarrassment too. :P

Well, the day was spent with the Merchan family and they cooked for us and it was really lovely.

At night, we visited another family brendon knows, and to my enjoyment, they spoke English. It was very fun :) Probably one of the very few times I got to speak English in Ecuador.
Seriously, it is rather ridiculous how excited I get when I see someone white here that might know English.
It's the kind of feeling you get when you're walking down the street and the ice cream truck comes by and your heart starts racing and you run to go get one before the ice cream man gets away....kind of like that.
Heh.

Cousins of the Merchan Family

We found some super high quality inexpensive furniture! I was in love.
Still figuring out shipping costs and if it'd be worth it to ship to the US.

Visiting the Rivera family

The Gortaire family

One of the cathedrals

No comments:

Post a Comment