---------------------------------------------------
We stayed another night in Quito at the Magic Bean. It was nice and we rested well, we got up early the next morning though to take off back to Otavalo. We had our free breakfast and took off in 3 busses to get there, it was about 3 hours worth. Once we got to Otavalo, Richard, had rented a car and took us around to visit the famous lakes of Otavalo.
The first one was about a half hour away and was alright, there was some pretty scenery but the amazing part of the trip was the second part. We went to a lake.... I forgot the name and the internet is way to slow to do a search on google, but it was up about 10000 feet from sea level. It was an extinct volcano and was amazing! We looked around and hiked up a nice trail. The view was breathtaking, we will upload photos soon. There is a trail that goes all the way around and takes about five and a half hours, we both would have loved to do it but there wasnt enough time.
After the hikes we went back with the Family Cordova and had dinner with the Elders. I think Christina enjoy ed talking with someone else other than myself.
Christina´s Perspective:
----------------------------------------------------------
So the night before we left Quito, we walked around and observed all he party people. We went to this pretty awesome bar that had sand on the ground and we ordered one virgin pina colada to split :P then we walked around some more and went back to the hostel and slept.
The next morning we woke up rather early and stuffed our faces quickly in order to catch a bus back to otavalo. It was surprisingly fun, considering the wonderful choice of movie the bus instructor person decided to put on. ¨Earthquake¨, which happened to have Brittany Murphy in it playing an earthquake scientist. --I think that´s enough said right there. But, I´m not trying to speak ill of the dead, Brittany Murphy RIP. Still sad that she died.
Well, the movie consised of some black guy demolishing (is that a word?) some mountains or something, which happen to be on this magnificently huge fault line that runs the entire width of the United States. So of course, these ridiculous cracks in the earth begin to form and he magically survives because he was buried in his truck. And no one managed to go look for him or his team except the earthquake scientist, who again magically stumbled upon him, with him being buried JUST BELOW the surface. STUPID.
I ended up falling asleep, to my dismay, because I really did want to see the end of that movie.
MOVING ON....Richard (Brendon´s old companion, we´re staying with him and his family) rented a car and took us on a drive to see the famous lakes of Otovalo. The first one was alright, got some good pictures in. We could have rented some pedal boats, I liked the dragon ones, but I didn´t want to spend 5 bucks. That´s a lot of money here.
The second lake we went to was SO GORGEOUS. We found this hiking trail and decided to walk a good chunk of it. After awhile, we came upon a sign that said the trail we were walking was actually 8.5 miles and wrapped around the entire lake. The lake surrounded what used to be a volcano way back when and the trail consisted of different little monument thingies, like a ¨ritual bathing¨area, it was pretty sweet. I really really want to go back and hike the whole thing. You take the trail and it just continues to go up and up into the highest parts of the (what looks like) mountains. But we didn´t have time, so we left.
When we went back to Richard´s house, we had dinner with his family and the Elder´s were there, and they were both thankfully white. So I got to talk to people, finally.
And, I think one of them would be PERFECT for my sister to date. He´s cute, skinny, and he seems like a really good guy. Gotta do some facebook stalking for him now.


No comments:
Post a Comment