-------------------------------------
We went to the Ruins of Ingapirca, we thought they were about an hour from Cuenca but it ended up taking about 2.5 hours both ways. So half the day was spent on the bus sadly. The ruines were pretty great though, we had an english speaker give us a tour and had a huge lunch. Not much to say but you can see the pictures below.
After we got back we went to the family arguello. They are such an amazing family and we had a great time. They had FHE and invited us over, luckily the majority of the family spoke and understood english so Christina had a great time.
Christina's Perspective
---------------------------------------
Today we went to the Ruins of Ingapirca. So we missed the bus that goes straight there, so we caught this other one and were told it takes 1 hour to get there. That was false. It took 2.5 hours to get there, it was such a wonderful ride. Have I expressed how much I love the bus yet? I LOVE IT. --I hope you, reader, can understand my sarcasm.
So by the time we got there we were hungry and had the biggest lunch EVER.
Oh yeah, so in Ecuador, lunch is the biggest meal of the day. The BIGGGGEST MEAL.
First, you are given soup. And it is a bowl of soup. Like the bowl you would order as a meal in itself. Then you are given this heaping plate of meat and rice that often come with beans, potatoes, or something else. To drink, you are given a different fruit drink everytime.
The drink is very healthy, very delicious. The food is delicious too, but it is SO MUCH FOOD.
And apparently our tour was going to begin in 15 minutes, so I pretty much had to swallow my food without chewing. The tour guide was like 20 minutes late though, so it was wonderful eating all that food so fast for no reason. I must have looked very attractive during that short period of time.
Anyway, the tour was given by this woman who knew a good bit of English. It was really nice and very fun. Most of the ruins were reconstructed, but the Sun temple was original.
Isn't that awesome though? The Sun temple was ORIGINAL? I don't know if you people out there appreciate that as much as I do, but I love the thought that that temple has been around for centuries and hasn't been completely destroyed.
After the tour, we were told to continue on the trail, which would take around an hour, and we could take pictures of three different monument or rock things that are pretty cool. The coolest was the face on the mountain. It was really cool. haha. Cool.
As we kept walking, we found this really pretty stream thing that Brendon went completely nuts over. He couldn't get enough of it. It was beautiful though, but he went freaking crazy over it.
After we were done, we caught the bus that took us back. The wonderful 2.5 hour bus.
At night we visited this wonderful family and had FHE with them. It was a great message about what a true and good friend is. The three older kids understood English pretty well because they were taking English classes. It was nice. :)
The end of the night was not so much though. The family had given us some tea to drink, and it didn't even taste that bad at all. But it made me soooo sick. When we got back to the house I almost threw up. Gagged a little bit. I was so grateful I didn't though in the car or in the family's house.















No comments:
Post a Comment